Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thoughts About Tool #9

I think Jing/screencast.com could be a GREAT way to leave directions for a substitute, especially for doing activities like BrainPop or streaming videos where you have several steps and "clicks".

Students could use this to capture screens on websites with virtual math manipulatives to show step by step instructions on how to, for example, regroup using base 10 blocks or model equivalent fractions using fraction strips! I could be used along with Photostory to narrate even. I also like the idea of using the program to aid in instructions of independent assignments for students who are accelerated learners and need better instructions when the teacher may not be available!

I love Skype, my husband uses it in his industry so I am mildly familiar with how it works. I love the idea of getting guest lecturers when there is no budge in the budget for field trips, getting parents involved (especially if they have webcams at work if they cannot make a parent conference), and most importantly, ePALS! I have loved the idea ever since I saw the Cicso Systems commercial when the class says they are going to Japan and they turn on the ACTIVboard and communicate with a classroom half way around the globe. I REALLY want to get involved with that if my Skype account will ever go though!

No comments:

Post a Comment