Thursday, July 22, 2010

11 Tools- Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I really like Skype because it integrates technology wihtout getting rid of the social aspect. I would use Skype to participate in the ePals program! Students could collaborate on assigments using Google docs and PhotoStory.
2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?
I have broadened my comfort level with integrating technology but I still am reluctant to throw out other, less technological mediums, that work for SOME assignments... call me old-fashioned!
3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised that there were so many sites that are now accessible! A couple years ago we couldn't even access YouTube from district computers... now it's encouraged! I really liked how the program was self-paced so you could take what YOU needed based on your level of technical savvy!

No comments:

Post a Comment